Taipei zoo is one of the best place to visit in Taipei, It contain variety of birds, animals and other creatures which include insects, amphibians, reptiles, penguin, koala, nocturnal animals and pandas.
Taipei zoo is one of the largest zoo in Asia and it encloses 165 hectares in area. The Taipei zoo is also called as "Muzha Zoo" since it was moved to Muzha in 1986 and to distinguish it from the former "Yuan-shan Zoo".
Taipei zoo displays animals from Taiwan, Australia, Africa and Asian countries from different desert and temperate zones. The zoo is special for its Panda house, because the 2 pandas 'Tuan Tuan' and 'Yuan Yuan' are received from People's Republic of China (PRC) in 2008 as a gesture of unity and the name resembles reunion.
We traveled to Taipei zoo recently and experienced very joyful movements there, we have clicked some beautiful and clever creatures from the zoo. We like to share few pictures to everyone and before sharing the picture, we like to mention why we should go to Taipei-zoo.
* We can reach the Taipei zoo just by 3 minutes walk from Taipei zoo MRT station. we can feel the zoo feeling from the MRT station, you can see the paintings of birds, animals from the walls of MRT station.
* What is this, can you able to find out? this is the Koala house, the Koala's are very beautiful, silent and sleepy animal. The Koala's are marsupial, or pouched mammal native to Australia. The special thing about Koala is they sleep or rest up to 20 hours a day. They eat leaves from tress, so the eucalyptus trees are also grown in Taipei zoo.
* We don't need to walk for long inside the zoo, we can take the adventures shuttle, to go to the birds park. the shuttle travel will also give the beautiful view of zoo from top and it will give a wonderful experience.
* The Gorgeous Green iguana herbivorous lizards are available in Taipei zoo, they are at least 1 meter in length and are native of America and Mexico. It is one of the rare lizard we have seen in our daily life and heard about it. the iguana have very special qualities and also a popular pet in few places.
* Lot of reptiles and amphibians are available in zoo, it include frog, snakes, crocodile, Pythons, turtles, lizards, Chalcides ocellatus and much more. the below one is the python, it is really very big.
* Green water dragon which are found in Southeast Asia, east Asia in the southern region of China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. Double-crested basilisk found in Central America in Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. It occurs to woods and bushes of tropical rainforests nearby streams , rivers and swamps.
* Chinese Alligator The Crocodolia order and Alligatoridae family, native to Asia, restricted to only the Eastern part of China. it occurs in mountains and hilly areas around the lower Yangtze River, inhabiting amid rivers, lakes and marshes.
* Penguins -all eighteen species of penguins are found in south of the Equator. They are especially adapted to aquatic life. Two species of penguins (the king and African) are currently in the Taipei zoo. The first king penguin born in Taipei Zoo in 2001 was the instantly became the most sought after news item in Taiwan at the time.
* Black Bear is considered as the dangerous one in Taipei zoo, but it looks really very beautiful. Don't miss to see it while visiting Taipei zoo.
* Can you able to see it, these are the Beaver Playing in sand and water all around there. The Canadian Beaver and European Oriental Short-clawed Otter are found in Taipei zoo.
* African Elephants The female African Elephants are grown in Taipei zoo.
* White Rhinoceros in Taipei zoo. The white rhinoceroses are the largest species of land mammals after African and Asian elephants. Both white rhinos and elephants have long gestation periods. The gestation period of the white rhinos is approximately 16 to 18 months, while the elephants take 22 to 24 months. White Rhinoceros head and body lengths are about 335-420 cm, shoulder heights 150-185 cm and a tail of 50-70 cm. They are 1440 to 3600 kg in weight. Males are larger than females. They are usually light gray to dark yellow.
* As we mentioned already, the Taipei zoo is biggest one and we are not able to complete the Taipei-Zoo at first time, we are planning to visit zoo one more time and share the experience and picture with everyone. please add your comments below about this post. for more details about Taipei zoo visit the official page - https://english.zoo.gov.taipei/. we are starting back to home through Taipei Metro.
|* Thank you for visiting our page, please add your valuable comments.|