Capsicum Egg Masala Rice is known for its flavor and richness. A quick and healthy lunch box recipe for both kids and adults.
It is prepared with cooked rice mixed with bell pepper and other spices and herbs. The peanuts, coriander seeds, sesame seeds added together brings a different dimensions to the flavor, along with crunchy texture of capsicum takes this rice to beyond.
Serving for two:
FOR MASALA POWDER:
2 tbsp peanuts / groundnuts
½ tsp chana dal
½ tsp urad dal
1 tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
1 tsp sesame seeds / til
4-5 dried kashmiri red chili
2 tbsp oil / ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds / rai
few curry leaves / kadi patta
1tbsp chopped ginger
1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
1 cup capsicum, green, yellow, red, thinly sliced
½ tsp turmeric / haldi
½ tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 cups cooked basmati rice / leftover rice
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. First, in a thick bottomed pan dry roast peanuts, chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and red chili.
2. Dry roast on low flame till the spices turn aromatic.
3. Cool down the spices completely and coarsely powder them. keep aside.
4. In a large kadai heat oil or ghee.
5. And add mustard seeds and curry leaves, and ginger sauté slightly and allow to splutter.
6. Then, add onions and saute till they turn slightly golden brown.
7. Add capsicum and sauté for a min.
8. Add turmeric, garam masala, prepared masala powder and salt, sauté for a minute or till the spice powder turn aromatic.
9. Now add cooked basmati rice or leftover rice.
10. Mix then gently without breaking rice grains.
11. Make a well and add eggs
12. Mix gently until egg is cooked and mixed well with rice
13.Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or till the rice absorbs the masala.
14. Finally add coriander leaves
15. Serve with Raita or just plain onions...Enjoy...
YouTube video link: